Thank you to everyone who joined us for Community Park Workshop 3 on 9/11!
During the Workshop, Allegra presented the updated plan for Seed Park at 3Roots. The plan was a consolidated version of the the two park concepts presented at Workshop 2 on 8/14. The consolidated plan also incorporated feedback from Workshop 2 attendees. Highlights of the consolidated plan include baseball/softball fields, soccer fields, a playground, dog parks for large and small dogs, and restroom and concessions facilities. Allegra also shared inspiration images so attendees could get an idea of some best practices in modern parks.
Comments from Workshop 3 included:
- maximize the versatility of fields for the use of Youth Baseball, Little League and Softball
- add parking closer to dog park
- ensure there is enough shade
- make sure each of the fields has convenient access to concession stands
- include safety netting so spectators and parking lots are not at risk of fly balls
The consolidated plan will be refined to address these comments, and those received by City staff. An updated version will be presented at Workshop 4 on 10/9.